Wednesday, April 06, 2011

What the Duggars and my family have in common.

I was fortunate enough to attend the Midwest Homeschool Convention.  A highlight for me was hearing  Michelle Duggar talk.   I have never seen the show, but always enjoy hearing moms of big families talk.    I am the oldest of 19 children, so  that is my connection with them.     From the picture below you can see our family formed a little differently.  The three oldest joined our family by birth and the next sixteen through international adoption.  Many of my siblings have special needs.    If you are interested,  The New York Times Magazine had an article in 2001 about our family.  Also, here is a link to a  TV episode about my family.  I often joke I am an underachiever with only six kids.
   
My family including  spouses and grandchildren from 2007.
Next week I hope to share my favorite convention finds.
Enjoy your week.
Becky

2 comments: