Friday, May 13, 2011

No Biking in the House without a Helmet

My mom and I have a running joke.  She tends to think she has told me things that she has not. I usually say something  like "Back up.  I think I missed a day," or "Thanks for including me. "  I am of course joking, and it is kind of funny.   I guess when you have 19 kids you are bound to forget to share some things.

Two weeks ago she starts telling me a story about how a friend of hers called to relay that  she saw my name in Melissa's Faye Greene's new book.  My mom kept talking and I said,  "I am sorry mom, I think I missed a day."  "Oh, didn't I tell you that Melissa included our family in a chapter in her new book No Biking in the House without a Helmet?, " she said.  I must of missed that.  Thanks for including me. 

I went and found the book at my local library.  It really is a great book.  Melissa Faye Green is an amazing author with a realistic take on  the world of adoption.  She tells wonderful stories of adopting older children and has a witty way of viewing her world.  She will have you laughing out loud.
 
Enjoy!~
Becky
PS  I am on p. 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment