Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Fun: What we are reading

There is something about summer reading. Maybe knowing you can read outdoors, the light by your window is better, or staying up longer to read because the days are longer. It is just fun.  My kids are keeping track of books and minutes read this summer through our local library. They are very committed to winning, and getting prizes. I am fairly certain they got this from me.

So,  I have asked my kids to share what they are reading.  My son NB just finished The Coral Island.  This was his first Ballantyne book and he really enjoyed it.  It was a great adventure.  My son CB just finished The Seven Professors of the Far North. My daughter SB has been enjoying the Elsie Dinsmore series, and Marmaduke . My son JB is reading the  Biscuit storybooks, Dog's Don't Wear Sneakers, and The Bob Books set 2. 

My youngest daughters have enjoyed being read The Bee BookThe Quilt Story, and Pierre the Penguin.  

I just finished Dancing with Max by Emily Colson.  I loved it.  The best read on Autism I have read in a long time.  I highly recommend it.
So tell me what you have been reading??
Becky





No comments:

Post a Comment