Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thankful for Home Education


Somehow it is almost Thanksgiving.  I am not entirely clear how that happened.  I still think it is the beginning of fall when fall is about to end. Thanksgiving tends to make me reflective.  This year with three teenagers I am more reflective than usual.  I keep wondering where time has gone.  How did my babies get to be so big?   What am I thankful for with home education?  Was home education the right choice?

I have come to the conclusion that home education was the right choice for my teens.  I love seeing the people they have become.  I love how we laugh together and have so many shared memories.  I love that we are able to Google how to take apart at coconut at 9:30pm and do not have to worry about being anywhere the next day.  I love how they have the confidence in their own abilities to believe they can open a coconut. They have a confidence in who they are and believe they are able to solve problems.  I am glad I get to spend time with them, and am glad for the time I have spent with them.

When they were little I tended to believe that academics was the most important of all.  Getting through each item on our check-list was so important.  Now, I love the time we laugh together, the jokes we share, the many things about life I am able to share with them.  I love seeing who they are becoming, and wondering what the future holds for them.

I am thankful for home education and the gift of time.  Enjoy the time you have with your children.

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Becky

2 comments:

  1. I am extremely thankful for homeschooling too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melinda! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete