Tuesday, January 10, 2017

An Uncommon Courtship by Kristi Ann Hunter

I have been waiting since July for An Uncommon Courtship to release, and it was well worth the wait!  An Uncommon Courtship is the love story of Lord Trent Hawthorne and Lady Adelaide Bell who married first and then courted.  Trent was a supporting character in Ms. Hunter's other books, and I was glad to witness his happy ending.  

 The cover of this book is stunning and goes beautifully with the other books in the series.   As a huge Regency fan I enjoyed reading the book and learning more about London society during 1814.  I loved the dialogue and the way the characters are able to sip tea and put someone in their place at the same time.  I must admit, I was taking notes!  Ms. Hunter is a wonderful author who paints beautiful pictures with her words and I never tire of hearing about the dresses, the furniture, and the social occasions she describes.


I recommend that you read the first books in the series before you read An Uncommon Courtship.  Start with A Noble Masquerade, the first in book the series, and then read An Elegant Facade.  I think you will be much more invested in the characters and enjoy the story so much more.  You can get also the free novella A Lady of Esteem, a prequel worth checking out as well.  I consider An Uncommon Courtship for more mature audiences, so my personal recommendation would be to read it yourself before giving it to a teen.

I received this book from the publisher Bethany House.  I was not required to write a positive review. 



Kristi Ann Hunter graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in computer science but always knew she wanted to write. Kristi is an RWA Golden Heart contest winner, an ACFW Genesis contest winner, and a Georgia Romance Writers Maggie Award for Excellence winner. She lives with her husband and three children in Georgia. Find her online at http://www.kristiannhunter.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment