Monday, April 11, 2022

Touch-type Read and Spell (TTRS) Review

I have a student who has trouble with spelling and handwriting. I have tried so many programs to try to help him spell. I saw Touch-type Read and Spell at the Homeschool Buyers Co-op and decided to give it a chance. I figured the worst thing that could happen is that he would learn to type. We bought it and have been using it this school year.

SAVE UP TO 73% on Touch-Type Read and Spell

Some facts about the program.  It teaches kids to type by drilling with patterned words.  Instead of nonsense words it uses words like (red-fed-led).  The students complete lessons each day and there are charts that demonstrate their progress.   The cost through the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op for a single subscription is 79.95.  For a family it is 157.50.  The links take you to the family subscription.  Look below for a single subscription.   Save 39% on Touch-Type Read and Spell


   The video below is a nice summary.




Review:  I feel like this is a worthwhile program.  Our student has made more progress in spelling than I have seen him make in a long time.  The lessons are clear and easy to follow, and he is completely independent using this program.  There are lovely charts that demonstrate progress in the program.

  Once my student stopped doing TTRS for a few weeks in November. ( I know this is shocking, but sometimes this happens in our home)     The TTRS organization sent me an email and encouraged my student to log in again and the importance of consistency with this program.  If they had not sent me an  email . . .  let's not think about what might have been.  WOW!  What a helpful resource.

My advice if you choose to do this is to set an amount of time your student should be working on this every day and monitor that.  I felt like my student was not doing enough work, but it is kind of hard to judge how much to do.  That would be my only complaint with the program.. But, it could be I have not spent enough time exploring the program to figure this out.

I would highly recommend this program if you have a student with spelling problems, one who needs to learn to type in a systematic way, or has some trouble reading.  I feel like it was well worth the money.  If you go to the Homeschool Buyers Co-op you can learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment